Bermuda, a British Crown Colony with its own constitution
and internal government since 1968, was mapped in the early
1960s by the Directorate of Overseas Surveys of the British
Government (now Ordnance Survey International(OSI)).
The islands were covered in a 74-sheet series at 1:2,500 scale
(DOS 111), now (Bda 111 - Series E811) with 10 ft contours.
A derived map at the scale of 1:10,560 (six inches to the
mile) in six sheets was also issued in the mid-1960s (DOS 311),
now (Bda 311). The projection is Transverse Mercator
with UTM grid (Clarke 1866 spheroid), and contours are at
10 ft intervals. Both map series were revised and published
in second editions in the 1970s for the Bermuda Government.
Bermuda mapping is now the responsibility of the Ministry
of Works and Engineering, Parks and Housing (MWE).
Soviet military topographic mapping of Bermuda is available at the following scale: city (1:10,000) topographic map of Hamiliton and St. George published in 1975.
This product is availabe in print, digital raster and digital vector GIS formats from East View Geospatial.
Copyright © 2014 East View Geospatial, Inc.