Modern mapping of Cambodia was first carried out by
French colonial authorities as part of their Indo-Chinese
surveys, with triangulation completed by 1939 and
1:100,000 basic scale mapping published and revised prior
to French disengagement in 1955. American aid after independence
assisted the development of the national mapping
agency, the Service Géographique Khmer (SGK) in
Phnom Penh. Complete new photogrammetric 1:50,000
scale mapping was prepared, sheets covered 15' quadrangles,
and conformed to U.S. AMS mapping standards. French
1:100,000 scale coverage was revised and a 1:250,000 scale
series was derived from the new 1:50,000 mapping to cover
Cambodia in 19 sheets. These series all used the Transverse
Mercator projection, Everest ellipsoid, and were published
from the National Geographic Directorate, Dalat (now Tong
Cuc Dia Chin (TCDC), Hanoi).
Soviet military topographic mapping of Cambodia exists at the following scales: 1:1,000,000 (2 sheets, complete coverage, published 1965-1985);
1:500,000 (7 sheets, complete coverage, published 1984-1992); 1:200,000 (39 sheets, complete coverage, published 1979-1983); 1:100,000 (128 sheets, complete coverage,
published 1978-1991) and a city (1:10,000) topographic map of Phnom Penh published in 1978. These products are available in print, digital raster and digital vector GIS
formats from East View Geospatial.
Copyright © 2014 East View Geospatial, Inc.