200 total products were found covering Burundi.
Next, select filters, series, and products from the sections below the map.
Before becoming independent in 1962, the small central
African Republic of Burundi was administered by Belgium,
and was mapped by Belgian survey organizations.
Monochrome planimetric maps in 52 sheets at 1:50,000 scale
and 13 sheets at 1:100,000 scale were compiled in the 1930s
and reprinted between 1968 and 1971 by the Musée
Royale de l'Afrique Centrale (MRAC), Tervuren. However,
after independence the Institut Géographique du Burundi
(IGEBU) was established at Bujumbura, and a new 1:50,000
scale map series in 42 sheets was prepared by the French
Institut Géographique National (IGN) jointly with
IGEBU, which is now the principal topographic series. This
map is in six colours with contours at 20 m intervals, and
with bilingual French and Kirundi legend. The projection
is Gauss, Clarke 1880 ellipsoid, and sheets each cover a
quarter-degree square. In 1985, IGEBU moved to Gitega,
the proposed new capital, but retains an office at Bujumbura.
New aerial photography was obtained in 1984, but no new
mapping has appeared. Several, mostly black and white
small-scale thematic maps have been produced by IGEBU.
Soviet military topographic mapping of Burundi is available at the following scales: 1:1 000 000 (4 sheets, complete coverage, published 1958-1977);
and 1:500 000 (4 sheets, complete coverage, published 1962-1964). These products are available in print, digital raster and digital vector GIS
formats from East View Geospatial