Bermuda, a British Crown Colony with its own constitution and internal government since 1968, was mapped in the early 1960s by the Directorate of Overseas Surveys of the British Government (now Ordnance Survey International (OSI)).
The islands were covered in a 74-sheet series at 1:2,500 scale (DOS 111), now (Bda 111 – Series E811) with 10 ft contours. A derived map at the scale of 1:10,560 (six inches to the mile) in six sheets was also issued in the mid-1960s (DOS 311), now (Bda 311). The projection is Transverse Mercator with UTM grid (Clarke 1866 spheroid), and contours are at 10 ft intervals. Both map series were revised and published in second editions in the 1970s for the Bermuda Government.
Bermuda mapping is now the responsibility of the Ministry of Works and Engineering, Parks and Housing (MWE).
Soviet military topographic mapping of Bermuda is available at the following scale: city (1:10,000) topographic map of Hamiliton and St. George published in 1975. This product is availabe in print, digital raster and digital vector GIS formats from East View Geospatial.
The Geological map of Bermuda was published by MWE in 1989.
A single-sheet tourist map at 1:31,680 scale (Bda 411), with contours at 50 ft was revised in 1993. It includes inset maps of Hamilton and St. George.
A detailed road map of The Bermuda Islands, compiled and drawn by Brian R. Horsfield, currently in its second edition, is published by Island Maps. It also includes street maps of Hamilton and St. George and an index to 1,300 road names. Relief and bathymetry are layer coloured, and special attention is given to coral reef location.
Several other tourist maps are available, including an International Travel Maps (ITM) map at 1:20,000 scale, a road map by Berndtson and Berndtson (B&B) and a street atlas, the Bermuda islands guide, from 1982.